20 Feb 2020

Thursday, 20th February 2020, around 11:15 am, the market circle branch of SOCCABET almost caught fire.

At 11 am that morning, there was a general power cut in the area and as to keep up with productivity, management of SOCCABET switched power to a generator. A few minutes later, the power went back on. It is reported that the generator was faulty so as both the generator and the meter were working together, it caused a circuit overload which made the generator almost catch fire. Customers and residents panicked and called the GNFS Takoradi, wasting no time, the firefighters arrived immediately. They worked on all the switches and the meter and made sure everything was okay.

As we're in the dry season, the GNFS has been cautioning the general public to be very careful with fires and electrical gadgets. They warned again that residents should make sure all electrical gadgets have been switched off before leaving for their homes when they close from work and also be on their guard.

Witnesses say before the GNFS arrived a man whose name is Emma, is the one that saved the situation from worsening by switching off the power to both the generator and the meter with a fufu pestle.

Facebook Google Plus Twitter LinkedIn

Leave Comments

Looking for well furnished Co-Working Space?

Visit Takoradi Hive
Top
We use cookies to improve our website. By continuing to use this website, you are giving consent to cookies being used. More details…